In this article you will find discussion and technical definitions of:
- Clickstream analysis
- Interactive clickstream graphing
And information about:
- What a clickstream will tell you
- How to use clickstream analysis to improve your site
- Why analyze clickstreams
- Questions that clickstream analysis can answer
- Opentracker clickstream tool
- Tracking individual clickstreams
What is clickstream analysis?
Clickstreams, also known as clickpaths, are the route that visitors choose when clicking or navigating through a site.
A clickstream is a list of all the pages viewed by a visitor, presented in the order the pages were viewed, also defined as the ‘succession of mouse clicks’ that each visitor makes.