Our New Statistics GUI is now online for Public Beta preview!
Login: with your standard login details
The backend has been redesigned to improve navigability and therefore to improve the understanding of reports.
The goal was a modernization that would boost the interface solidly into the Web 2.0 realm and enable mobile-ready platform developments.
Note: best experienced in a "modern" browser; Firefox, IE9, Chrome, Safari, etc.
Note: we have a Jira list for this http://jira.opentracker.net/browse/OTTHREE for all open issues
Request: please make a note of any/all first impressions and share these, which are extremely important to us.
Most significantly, the backend has been rebuilt in order to make it possible to add new reports.
Summary, we started by rebuilding what we already had, and will now proceed to introduce the new reports we are building, one at a time. We have learned that gradual steps are more effective where interface change / development is concerned, as the majority of users appear to be conservative in this regard. Additionally, this process facilitates thorough testing.
Our vision here is to pace ourselves in a way that combines change and an interface people are very used to.
What's new visually?
The Navigation has been divided into two components: Left-hand navigation, called "Report navigation" is now only reporting data: visitors, traffic analysis, top navigation lists, location data, technical data, conversion / roi
Right-hand navigation, called "Options" gives access to Support and Preferences.
Both of these Menus can now be hidden, by clicking on the thumb-tack icon. This is a sticky behavior.
Inside the menus themselves, the individual sections have been compacted, so that only the selected sub-heading is displayed.
- Numerous additional updates and changes will be rolled out in phases. While converting the old interface to the new one, we have made the following changes for this first beta release:
Online & Recent Visitors report:
- Improved overview: larger / new visitor icons & country flags
- Options bar has been rebuilt
- Visitor clickstream page: added visitor location map and improved page layout
Traffic Analysis reports:
- zebra striping added to tables for improved readability
- column highlights for selected chart variable